EamonW's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Ability of business owners to reward users who submit great photos?

Hi, 

Avid local guide here... I'd like to suggest that it be possible for business owners be able to reward users who take especially good/effective photos of their businesses.  I think this would greatly improve the overall quality of the photos submitted  that they use on their Google listing page. 

Whadya think?

Thanks!

Eamon 

Toronto, ON, Canada
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Ability of business owners to reward users who submit great photos?

Hey @EamonW, I'm moving this post to the Feedback and Feature Requests board, so it can be easily seen and documented by the team 🙂

Level 7

Thanks, Ivan!

Level 10

Not sure, this could encourage the post/photo/review in change of reward phenomena.

Are you talking about some "kudos" to best pictures or something else?

Level 9
Level 9

@EamonW wrote:

business owners be able to reward users who take especially good/effective photos of their businesses.

I don't think there's anything to prevent business owners paying for photos even now - after all, Local Guides who are SV Trusted photographers are paid for their work. However if a LG is paid for their photos they cannot review the same place since then they would have a commercial relationship with the business and there'd be a conflict of interest

Level 10

@EamonW I think business owners in Toronto need to be more aware of the number of people who use Google Maps to find their business - once they understand that - they will be more motivated to have a proper profile.

I hope to see you at one of our meet-ups - Check out the meet up's in Google Local Guides Toronto community.

Richard Trus

Co-Moderator - Google Local Guides Toronto

Google Trusted Photographer