Peppe's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: AED Category

I'm afraid not. And it is increasingly clear that the maps team is not interested in mapping at all (it's just an incidental thing to them) but it's totally focused on businesses.

...which isn't going that great either so yeah, Maps is pretty much going down the drain.

Level 8

Hi @LStefanoL

No I don't agree with you. I think it could be more a question of liability. Can you imagine the situation, when someone is running to get an AED (mapped by Google) and there is none at that place....

It would need a kind of sub system operated by an independent organisation. So if the AED is not in place or even it is not working, the liability question does not come up.

Happy trails 

Martin 

Level 8

Same thing could be said about hospitals and emergency rooms so your point is kinda moot. Also there's gotta be something about liability somewhere in the ToS.

Furthermore, it took the better part of a year for google to accept my mapmaker edits to my city hospital back in mapmaker days so they don't seem to be concerned at all about having accurate info about critical infrastructure. They care about bu$ine$$. Not that i'm blaming them, mind you. But they should realize that disregarding overall map quality leads to users disregarding Maps. And i have plenty of cases to report.

Level 6

This seems such a simple thing and there are lots of organisations putting out AEDs, who would be delighted to update Maps with up to date AED info. 

Level 9

i think its one of the good idea

Md Polash Hossien

||