AmithES's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

A possible fix to wipe out spam?

I'm seeing plethora of posts by spam bots (ranging from hotel listings to Natural Sex!) on Local Guides Connect platform after the announcement mail went live. 

I'm well aware that, we can report every single spam post and necessary actions be taken.

But, I guess I've an easy fix to fight spam  :

How about subjecting the first post of the user to moderation so that this platform spam free? 

Your inputs and brickbats are welcome 😉 

3 comments
Googler

Re: A possible fix to wipe out spam?

The Local Guides team is actively monitoring this community and working to improve the way folks interact. As everyone knows, you must be a member of Local Guides to participate in the community and we're looking at ways to improve our spam filters.

That being said, please do flag posts if you see them as we all know, folks who want to spam will do just about anything to try to get past filters. Thank you for your patience! 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

@TraciC I'm curious about one thing though. I saw some people have N/A on their profile pic (instead of level 1-5). Did they manage to join LG Connect without signing up as a Local Guide? Not sure if the badge is something assigned automatically or manually.

Googler

@iyudhi No, we have confirmed those with the N/A are indeed signed up for Local Guides (there's no workaround for that as you must be signed up for Local Guides) but are still looking into how that information is being displayed and why it is being displayed without their level or proper badge.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.