EdmundasJ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

A couple suggestions and questions

Hi! For a couple of months now (since it became possible to do that) I've been working on naming the streets and roads of Lithuania. The more edits I make, the more ideas come up that could improve the experience of people like me.

1. Allow selecting more road segments than currently is allowed. I often have to fill multiple reports of the same problem on the same road (when the road is very long and has many segments). Function to select whole road does not help when only the parts of road have names.

2. Please find a way to show "suggested road names" on the map itself for the user who made those suggestions. When naming the streets of cities, it is often very hard to remember what streets I already reported. It would be extremely helpful if I (only I) could see the street names I reported, so I would not do multiple reports of the same road segment.

3. Not connected with reporting. When I visit this forum I always see "no user" icon where my profile picture should be shown. Here is a photo of how it looks. When I press on that "no photo" icon, I then get connected to my account. 

Capture.PNG

4. A question. Do my street/road name reports (when they are approved) give me points like other edits? Because it looks to me that they don't. If that's the case, then why? Road names look to me as important as other information about businesses or places.

4 comments
Level 8

Re: A couple suggestions

Hello,

None of my questions nor suggestions where answered and they are still relevant.

Level 8

So yesterday 237 of my road edits (names and new existing roads) were approved, but I received only 20 points. I hope it is a lag in a point system, not the actual edit-to-point ratio 😕

Level 10

@EdmundasJ at this time road edits are not given points, as the entire road editing system is a manual process that must be completed by Google staffers.

M. W. Jones -- Former Map Maker Regional Lead, United States
Level 8

Points are given for road name edits. It appears that the point number was delaying the edits number, so eventually I received like 2-3 points for 1 road name edit.