sudhithxavier's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

A better way to add new roads / missing roads

Hi Maps Team,

It would be really nice to see a more intuitive way to add / edit roads in Google maps. It would be really nice to see an interface to mark the suggestions especially for adding missing road segments. I have recently encountered this issue with a location (sharing it here) Where the private road is not completely visible in the map due to trees covering it. Since i have visited the place, i know it but otherwise from the maps it looks like it's a dead end reaching nowhere. And since the road is missing, even the directions were acting weird - suggesting a wrong route which doesn't reach the location. So i have placed the location marker to the beginning of the missing road. Attaching a screenshot for reference. I have marked the missing road here. It would be nice to see a feature similar to Map Maker but to suggest and draw/mark it in the map itself. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 4.05.25 PM.png

www.sudhithxavier.in
Prakriti Shakti, Kerala, India
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: A better way to add new roads / missing roads

Hello @sudhithxavier,

Welcome to Connect!

I would like to let you know that your topic should be posted on the Google Maps & Earth Help Forum, as Connect is a Community specifically created for Local Guides.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hello @sudhithxavier,

Welcome to Connect!

I would like to let you know that your topic should be posted on the Google Maps & Earth Help Forum, as Connect is a Community specifically created for Local Guides.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 9

@sudhithxavier

I too, have wanted the ability to mark new roads. I am a Local Guide as well and have encountered this problem several times. Now that Map Maker is gone, there should be a feature that allows for marking and labelling new roads from Google Maps. As far as I know, Local Guides can only give feedback. Often, this feedback is ignored. If it is used, it is not acknowledged. 

Having been a part of Local Guides for the last two years and reaching level 8, it is clear that not being able to generate content based on roads is one of the larger weaknesses.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Muir
Admin - Global Guides