NarenChandra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

A Iphone X as a gift for being a Loyal user of Google India ! What is this now?

I was using Google like always to surf through information and this page popped up saying "Thanks For being a Loyal user of Google India " and says that i have got a Iphone X if i answer few questions below like How satisfied am i with google .

The point is i was opening local guide connect and this showed up .

This seems to be a new spam , please check about it .

Screenshot (10)_LI.jpg

I Feel this should be stopped since it shows Google in it clearly and some might get effected.

5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: A Iphone X as a gift for being a Loyal user of Google India ! What is this now?

Level 10

Re: A Iphone X as a gift for being a Loyal user of Google India ! What is this now?

Connect Moderator
Solution

Level 10

@NarenChandra, usually two things can trigger such a phishing spam page to appear in your browser. 

1. a malicious script placed into the website's source code by hackers; we can safely exclude this option if - as you say - you were navigating to LGC when it popped up because Google certainly keeps an eye on its own sites and this malware testing tool does not detect anything either;
  2. or something on your own computer in which case I'd perform a complete system scan if I were you (hopefully your computer is clean...).
Level 10

Thanks @Csaba will do a complete scan of the system , the thing i wanted to share this is it shows Google in it so some might think it a official luck and get trapped , like the one @ErmesT shared , I saw people commenting that they were given a YouTube moderators role once they completed the survey and the spam mails and videos started popping up , which can make a mess . So if this could be eliminated ,or atleast the awarness is brought then it would be helpful . That is what my intention was. 

Level 10

If you look at the URL of the site, it is under the "awarded.party" domain and has nothing to do with Google. This should immediately trigger the alert that the page is just spoofing Google and no information should be shared with whoever is collecting it for whatever purpose.