VBenedict's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

A Google Maps Folder on SD Card?

I have never had a Google Maps Folder on either my SD Card or Google Photos.

Is this something new?  If so why are photos missing?  

Screenshot_20180902-111711_Gallery.jpg

I have not been formally tracking the photos I upload to Maps.  Until now I have been going on trust that my device and photos I back up to Google Photos and upload to Google Maps are sucure.

But more and more I am experiencing the disappearance of my photography work.

I am on an Android OS. Should I not be secure?

Is the platform AI compromised?

6 comments
Level 9

Re: A Google Maps Folder on SD Card?

Hello @VBenedict,

For me there is no update pending in play store through which I can confirm about any such folder. Till date I never heard about any folder. Let's wait for others. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

Again, this feature is not available on iOS also 😟 . I will wait for this one again.
Level 9

On Google Photos Device back up we can optOn Google Photos Device back up we can opt

It has a folder in Google photos 

I have not sync the folderI have not sync the folder

It is thereIt is there

On my Mi 4 pro 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Connect Moderator

Hello @VBenedict, on my Android device everything seems to be normal: in Google Photos there is a folder Google Maps and that contains all pictures that I uploaded from the Google Maps app using that phone. None of them are grayed out as can be seen in the screenshot you posted.

On the device they are situated under Android > Media > com.google > Google Maps

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

@JanVanHaver  @Sariga  @ShaniDeshwal  @deepakjhic   Thank you for responding.

The folder I displayed above is in my device SD Card.

I was under the impression that Google Photos was backing up my photos by date as well as by my Album's Titles.

I just upgraded my device and the only albums I see are the newly created with new device.

Level 8

@Sariga  not for me.  This is the first time I see a Google Maps folder/album on my SD Card or on Google Photos.   Neither one of them contain all of the photos I have posted on Maps. ☹