Csaba's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

50 posts badge

I have just earned the 50 posts badge! 🙂 50-posts.png

Apparently this means that I started 50 topics, not how many posts altogether (including replies) I have made - that would be 1K+. What do you think about renaming the badge (and maybe also adding a "real" post count badge that measures everything including replies)?

20 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: 50 posts badge

Yes that's correct, it's only counting when you create new post. Personally I don't pay attention too much regarding badges, but I'm also not opposed to what you suggested.

Level 10

Well, no matter if I pay attention or not, I get the notification - that's why I posted.

Connect Moderator

Yo apoyo tu opinión  @Csaba, por un lado está el tema de cuando unís tu post que creaste a otro, se elimina del contador de post creados, supongo no lo sé, si se incrementa el contador de respuestas, este último sería también interesante que tenga un icono con todas las respuestas que damos 

Connect Moderator

@Csaba sorry, what I meant with my statement before was that I'm really indifference about badges.

But I know some people really like it and if it gets people to engage more, it might be worth to consider adding new badges.

Level 10

@iyudhi wrote:

...I know some people really like it and if it gets people to engage more, it might be worth to consider adding new badges.

Sure they are important as they clearly show the involvement with the community and a lot of people like to "collect" them. 

It's like LG points for maps however. When someone is working to become level 3, 4 or 5, every point counts. Once someone passes a few thousand points, collecting them becomes less important and whoever stays with the program and continues to be an active contributor will show that he/she is not doing it for merely the benefits. 

The same way, though it does actually feel good to be surprised by a new badge once in a while, they become less important (and let's face it; less frequent) and the drive behind contributing will automatically shift to something different (like helping other, less experienced LG's).

Googler

Hi @Csaba@iyudhi@FaridTDF. This sounds like something you could post in the Feedback & Feature Requests board so others can weigh in on it. We do consider additional badges often and are, but if there are specific ideas you have, feel free to share here/there, too. 🙂

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

Si no les parece mal muevo el hilo así otros pueden opinar al respecto.

saludos 

Level 10

@Csaba Congratulations. 

Yes as you suggested It would be nice to have a badge for total posts(including replies).

Level 10

Congratulation @Csaba! I know seems a little number, but i know, it's a huge achievement!

Thanks for your kind presence in LGC! 🙂

Lucio

P.S. I will not share here my stats, i'm not sure is something to be proud... i still have a job (two jobs, to be exact)... 😄