Yash's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

360° points suggestion

Hi all,

I am here to suggest about the points of 360° image which is uploaded by us in the street view app

When i upload an 360° image i see i get 5 points , but my suggestion is that points ratio for uploading 360° image should be 10 or around 10, because as per the new update there was a different changes in points like for small things point 1 is alloted and uploading a single image allots 5 points as it have more value , in the same way my suggestion is more points for 360° image, i cant actually say much on this topic as it's fully on the community moderators how to do it, but this was just a idea/thought from my side, feel free to reply to this topic keeping your views.

19 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: 360° points suggestion

I've shared your suggestion with the team, @Yash! I've seen similar feedback by other community members too 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi @Yash,

I am not into 360 photography (yet), but I think it is a fair request. In particular if one considers that with some cameras it takes multiple photos and stitching to create a 360 image.

Level 8

Hi @JeroenM,

Thanks alot for putting your view, i appreciate it.

Level 7

Hey Yash!

Good point for growing up 🙂

But our LG levels not so important to Google maps users. 

Levels giving mostly to us "good feeling" etc. We are volunteers, giving to others useful information.

When you be LG level 10, then you not getting points anymore, if not be added more lvls 🙂 

Have nice weekend to all LG-s"

Level 8

Hello @Kalmer,

Thanks for your reply, yes you are totally right and the only negative point of this suggesting but i would like to put my view that there was a reason that there was a change in points system and levels as it was needed for example there was level 10 made as level 5 was not enough and all were being level 5 and the points system was only 1 for anything but after that when level 10 was introduced they also changed the points system like the small things are alloted 1 point and big things like adding photos are alloted 5+ points and thats because photos and adding places have more value , that's why i putted my view on this suggestion because even if the points are raised around 10+ for 360° it won't make a much effect on the current chart of LG points and no one can spam 360° photos so much to be level 10 as 360° photos takes a bit time to capture or a special camera, this was the reason i suggested this topic 

Feel free to put your views, thanks!

Level 10

Buenas @Yash

Antes realizaba las fotos 360 con iphone 6s y la aplicación de Google street viuw y la mayoría de las fotos quedaban bien pero siempre se notaba donde se unían las fotos, actualmente utilizo una camara Ricoh Theta S para las fotos 360 y no se nota ninguna unión de las fotos, os recomiendo dicha cámara para hacer fotos en 360.

Un Saludo Cordial de Miguel Ángel.
Level 8

Hola @Miguelfqmg,

Gracias por compartir sus opiniones, me gusta.

Level 5

Tôi vẫn chưa nhận được email để xác nhận cấp của mình mặc dù tôi đã chờ 48 giờ

Level 8

Dear @Chienle113,

Your post in this thread is completely off topic.

Following good practice guidelines in our Connect community, please search before you post. In your case, there are already other forum threads discussing the same issue. When raising a new unrelated topic, please start your own forum thread by submitting a new post, in the correct section/ forum, using a clear title that clarifies the topic you are sharing with our community.

Thank you in anticipation.

In response to your issue, this might help:

No email received after reaching Level 5

No email for me when I hit Level 5 LG!!

Happy Mapping!
JeroenM

Level 10

@Yash I agree, and I think it should be 15 or 20 points.