Denis-Jastrzebski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

2018's Perks

We haven't heard from Google at all regarding perks, new features, or anything for that matter... It may just be me but I haven't found any info and haven't gotten any emails from Google regarding Local Guide business.

Does anyone else find this also?

23 comments
Level 6

Re: 2018's Perks

Hi,

There was a bunch of benefits a while ago, I think they were even listed but for some reason I cannot put my hand on them anymore. Maybe they are planning for something new soon 🙂

Level 9

Hello @Denis-Jastrzebski

A very warm welcome to connect !

It's a at-will program, We all being very local to our societies, volunteer to contribute for betterment of our own societies, so no cash money or earnings involved 🙂

Please read Local Guides program rules.

And yes,

There are perks offered by google to help motivate local guides

You can check your current perks in your personal Local Guides profile home. If nothing is listed, then there is no current perks for yourself.
https://maps.google.com/localguides/home

Since you are level 6, you are eligible to apply for Connect-Live-2018 🙂

Also you can have a look at this post for a comprehensive list of past & present perks Repository-of-lists-of-Perks-for-Local-Guides

The Local Guides program is for individuals who contribute to Google Maps who like to help others to discover and explore their world. Local Guides receive benefits depending on their level which depends on the number of contributions they make to Google Maps.

You can learn more about the program and benefits in the Help Center.

I hope this was the answer you was looking for & I manage to helps you 🙂

If there's anything else you would like to clarify, please feel free to ask in reply, Thank You.

Best regards

Level 8

Hi all,

I'm also having trouble locating my perks. I'm pretty sure I used to see them on https://maps.google.com/localguides/home , but as you can see below they're no longer there... Am I looking in the wrong place? Did something break?  

Capture.PNG

Connect Moderator

Generally speaking Perks are announced here on Connect. For some perks that might be regional Google sometimes mail out to Local Guides that qualify. Make sure that your "receive notifications about perks" is turned on in your Settings.

Regards Paul

Level 9

Bro @EvertM

You will only see them when available

Level 8

So this means that all the perks i used to have have simply... evaporated?  😕

Level 7

@EvertM wrote:

So this means that all the perks i used to have have simply... evaporated?  😕

Expired would be a better term, but yes, perks are never guaranteed to last forever.

Level 8

Hmm, I had hoped that I'd still have one/more perks left, being an active Level 7 contributor. Well, perhaps I'll get something again when/if I reach level 8...

Level 8

Yea, a badge but if you are lucky you might get two!!!