EsteponaJen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Google mandó un equipo para filmar en nuestro pueblo!

Aquí os pongo lo que he escrito sobre mi experiencia con el equipo de Google que vino a grabar en el pueblo de Estepona, provincia de Malaga, en España. Me parece que te lo traducen al español so no sabes leer el ingles, pero si no es, ponme un tag y lo traduzco.  Es que he escrito mucho y me da un poco de pereza traducirlo si lo hace Google!

So Google sent a 4-person team to come and film!  So many people have enquired how this came about, so here are the details.

One day in the New Year I received an e-mail from the Google Local Guides people, saying that they had seen that I was very active as a Local Guide, and they might like to talk to me a bit more about that.  Could I give them a phone number to contact me?

It was a bit tricky to find a time when someone in California and someone in Europe were both awake, but we finally got together for a video chat, and spent 30 or more minutes talking about what I did and why.  I was told that there was a shortlist of several locations and the beautiful town of Estepona in Southern Spain was on this shortlist.  Now to wait!

Calle San Miguel 2.jpg

After several months and a few more e-mail contacts, they finally decided that they would come, and they picked a date. That weekend was the weekend of the annual Romeria del Rocio - the first day of the Pilgrimage to Our Lady of the Dews, with a big procession in town  with all the ladies - including me - in our frilly flamenca dresses.

dresses 7.jpg

So that was a good date to choose.

There was a team of four that came, for three nights, with what a video-keen friend of mine described as "Top notch gear".  Here are two photos of them with their cameras and other equipment. 

20170528_170447_Fotor.jpg

As you can see, they had a drone, which caused great excitement in the town!

20170528_093929_Fotor.jpg

They were a delightful team.  Very competent, very professional, and just very nice people.  As they walked round town all day and all evening, carrying their heavy equipment, people spoke to them and they always answered in a friendly way.  Everyone was delighted to see the, they knew that they were filming the town as I had spread the word on social media.

20170528_121004_Fotor.jpg

Estepona is so pretty that they didn't know where to look to film the best views!

20170528_121224_Fotor.jpg

They interviewed loads of local people

20170528_130855_Fotor.jpg

They went to loads of places in the town

20170528_174346_Fotor.jpg

They filmed the procession

facebook_1495948786870.jpg

And the beach promenade

paseo maritimo.jpg

And we had a nice meal when it was all over

Google in pescador.jpg

They then took all their film - there must have been 50 or 60 hours of it - back to Google for the final editing and production of the video - just 4 minutes long!  How very clever to reduce all that footage to just that small amount.

Although the video concentrates on the photos that I have posted, I am actually more proud of my reviews, nearly 1,000 of them.  And they mostly aren't just 5 or 6 lines, but very long, almost like magazine articles in fact, really giving people a taste of places that I visit, that I know, that I love.

Here is a link to my reviews and photos: https://goo.gl/kV74Yb

And here is the final polished video that Google came to Estepona to make:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTutOoRhubo

I hope that you enjoyed reading about my experience with the wonderful Google film crew, that you enjoy watching the video, and above all that you too continue to write helpful reviews and post beautiful pictures to help everybody to get to know this marvellous world that we live in!

Best wishes

Local Guide for Estepona, the town that thinks it's a garden, the Garden of the Costa del Sol.
10 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Google mandó un equipo para filmar en nuestro pueblo!

Hola @EsteponaJen, como ya comente en el post anterior, te felicito y te considero una guía de lo que es querer su ciudad, solamente resta destacar tu constancia y grandes aportes a gran mapa de Google Maps. 

Un saludos afectuoso 🤗 

Level 10

Gracias amigo @FaridTDF !

Es que Estepona es un pueblo tan bonito...

IMG-20170527-WA0011.jpg

Local Guide for Estepona, the town that thinks it's a garden, the Garden of the Costa del Sol.
Level 2

Thanks Jen, It will be really helpful 

Level 10

Hola @EsteponaJen Felicitaciones por el video, y por tus aportes de esa hermosa ciudad!! Me dieron ganas de ir a conocerla!

Parte del equipo de filmación son los que estuvieron en Bs As hace unos 2 meses atras! Son unos genios...

Instagram  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Web Page  |

Level 10

En Buenos Aires! No me digas, @MaxWalsh !

Son desde luego las Ranas Viajeras de nuestra época!

Un saludo a todos desde Estepona!

barrio pescadores_Fotor.jpg

Level 9

Qué experiencia más maravillosa

¡Enhorabuena @EsteponaJen!

Se percibe tu vitalidad.

Un beso desde la Costa de la Luz.

Level 9

Wow! @EsteponaJen qué experiencia tan agradable! Te felicito y te mando la mejor energia desde Colombia! Saludos!

Level 10

Gracias @MapuGuti !

2017-06-22.jpg

Level 10

Feliz 2018 a tofos!

A lo mejor viene Google a filmar en tu pueblo!  Aqui puedes ver lo que hicieron en nuestro pueblo de Estepona.  Puedes poner los subtitulos para verlo en castellano.

Bss a todos