apnam's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

THAILAND, PATTAYA

PATTAYA THAILAND. Who can tell me how it is so for the time in PATTAYA. Has it become much more expensive and that there are still very good nightlife. I was 8 years ago for the last time in PATTAYA. I survived the 20 times where I was in PATTAYA always THAY PALACE, opposite the ALCAZAR, but that there are also no more. Would appreciate your info a lot. Love greetings sends you the Apnam. My EMAIL ADDRESS IS: <EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED>  Thank you for every little info, because I want to travel back to PATTAYA in a few months. Look forward so much. Many thanks for your help.

13 comments
Level 5

Re: THAILAND, PATTAYA

Yes much more expensive for adult fun,but nightlife same.Many new places.Beaches going worst and unfortunately higher criminal activity

Level 9

THANK YOU VERY MUTCH
Level 5

Night life is still the same maybe much more places. I'm a fan of that but if you enjoy more day time attraction place. like water park zone, Tiger park, elephant zoo. please come. 
You can enjoy the beach but not in Pattaya, go to Jomtiean , Bangsaley or Sattahip. 

Level 9

If you compare to the Phuket for example or even Bangkok Pattaya is much cheaper. Pattaya is little Bangkok you have all the shopping and the beach. You can try Phuket and you will run back to Pattaya.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Dharmarider,

Why would one run back to Pattaya, if they go to Phuket? 🙂 Is it only because it's more expensive or is there something else too? And how are the beaches like near Pattaya? What makes me visit Phuket is the coast line and the numerous beaches. I'm planning a trip to Thailand and all suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance!

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

The beaches are far better in Phuket but they starting to charge money for the nicer once. You will find similar beaches around Pattaya as well. But maybe as easy to access without a car.  But the price for long term stay is much better in Pattaya

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for letting me know @Dharmarider. I am going on a short vacation, so I think I would spend a few extra bucks for the beautiful beaches in Phuket. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 4

Pattaya is rapidly becoming a very advanced Beachside resort as many people from Bangkok and throughout Thailand frequent, this ever-growing tourist spot. The highway from Bangkok airport is complete as is the underpass on Sukhumvit Road as you enter Pattaya City from Highway 7. Now it's about a 1 hour and 15-minute drive from Suvarnabhumi Airport if no traffic is involved. They are putting the finishing touches on a new mega-mall known as Terminal 21 just past the Dolphin roundabout and many other tourist spots, as well as luxury to mid-range hotels and condos, are being built all over the place. Some great places for tourist activities are Mini Siam, Pattaya Waterpark, Ripley's Believe It Or Not and several high-end golf courses within a 20 kilometer radius. The future for Pattaya does indeed look more for families and local Thais as they are slowing weeding out the nightlife that many people immediately equate to Pattaya. There is a lot more to Pattaya than nightlife and more is popping up every day,
Asian Veteran since 1989, always willing to help fellow travelers save or have the best time they can without getting into trouble.
Level 4

This is not true. Pattaya is more expensive than Bangkok because it's considered a tourist town like Phuket. Even local Thais complain and do their real business outside of Pattaya in the surrounding towns. Have a trusted local friendly Thai open your eyes to the realities of Thailand and you will soon learn how the country really works. Thailand is a very beautiful country and its people are very kind and generous. With that said, if you frequent places like Phuket, Pattaya and now Chiang Mai you will see some of the "bottom of the barrel" opportunists looking to make a quick buck unlike the rest of the country. It's just like Las Vegas, New York City and many other major cities in the US or across Europe. You will find the worst people in places like this. This is global and not only a Thai phenomenon. Thailand is a tale of two cultures indeed as I have seen so clearly in almost 30 years of living here. When I first came to Bangkok in 1989, the streets were rat infested and the sewage smell was horrible. The BTS did not exist and traffic was a bloody nightmare. Now, they have cleaned all of that up and build superhighways to all parts of the country. Now they are investing 2 TRILLION baht on making high-speed rails throughout the entire country. I'm proud of the Thai people and what they have accomplished in the last 30 years and happy to call this my home away from home. There is an old saying, "if you play with fire, you shall get burned" and venturing into tourist traps is begging for a letdown and jaded experiences. Thailand has proud hard working people but they get such a bad rap globally because places like Phuket and Pattaya are magnified as sex tourist places when in fact they aren't much different than every major city in the United States or Europe with prostitution lurking around every street corner. They just hide it better.
Asian Veteran since 1989, always willing to help fellow travelers save or have the best time they can without getting into trouble.