みんなで楽しくローカルガイドしましょう!

Japan, Iwate Prefecture, 盛岡市
9 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: ベジタリアンレストラン食べ歩きイベント - IWATE VEGGIE GUIDE vol. 2

こちらのイベントに関連して、こういった疑問も発生しています。

簡単に言えば入力した開催時間が異なった時間で登録されるというものです。

他にミートアップ開催した方で日付が間違って登録されていた方はいませんか?

以前私のミートアップでも同じようなことが起きたのですが、何かしらの条件で再現するものかもしれませんのでその際にもお話を聞いた @Atsukot さんをタグ付けさせていただきます。

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @Christine_T  Best wishes for your successful Meetup and AMAAAAZING series!

I wish I could join the food crawls meetup like as yours.Although I am not a vegetarian, I prefer the menu of vegetable rather than meat.

Anyway, Japan is a large country as you know, not small islands. Ikoma and your place is quite far. We have different climate,custom,landscape,food,language...and etc..

Yep, the language that your hasband @HiroyukiTakisawa can never understand is used here. You'll find the examples as below.(This is called the Kawachi-Japanese.)

• Instead of ありがとう, we say "おおきに" (Similar pronunciation is "Oh-Oh-Key-Knee")
  • And Hello is "儲かってまっか?” (More-Cut-Tea-Mocha)
  • Reply is "ボチボチでんな" (batch-batch-den-nah)

Now you agree with my opinion, "Japan is the large country" don't you?

Sorry, I got off track.

野菜カレー Rice'n Curry Vegetable野菜カレー Rice'n Curry Vegetable

I took this photo 2 days ago in my hiking activity.The log is here in YAMAP(External site)

Rice & Curry including 16 kinds of vegetable. The restaurante"すえひろ" is located on the Kuragari pass, more than 500 meters above sea level, also on the boarder between Osaka and Nara.

This is one of the most famous restaurant in IKOMA Mountain Range. I sometimes visit it.

Regards,

Toyo

Level 7

@Anonymous

Thank you! I hope you someday are able to join us for a meet-up either here in Iwate or somewhere else in Japan.
Are there any completely vegetarian restaurants that you have found in your area? Even if you can't join us in Iwate, I would love to hear about vegetarian restaurants all over Japan.

The restaurant, Suehiro, looks very interesting. I read some of the reviews and it sounds like it's quite a hike to get there.

I actually love curry too but Japanese-style curry is so difficult to eat at restaurants for vegetarians, vegans, and even pescetarians like me. Even if there are no pieces of meat in the curry, the roux (ルー) often contains some sort of meat product (ポークエキス, ビーフエキス, チキンエキスなど).

Do you know if the roux of Suehiro is also vegetarian? If it is, I would love to go try it someday. :)))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any completely vegetarian restaurants that you have found in your area? Even if you can't join us in Iwate, I would love to hear about vegetarian restaurants all over Japan.

Hi, @Christine_T

Yes,off course,there are. In my next activities I'll share my experiences on Connect. Coming soon!

I actually love curry too but Japanese-style curry is so difficult to eat at restaurants for vegetarians, vegans, and even pescetarians like me. Even if there are no pieces of meat in the curry, the roux (ルー) often contains some sort of meat product (ポークエキス, ビーフエキス, チキンエキスなど).

I understand the importance whether the roux contains some of meat product or not.I do not care for that. That' why I am not a vegetarian. But I'll comfirm it on my next visit.

おおきに

Toyo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Chris @Christine_T,

Today I have to inform you a bad news. I asked your question about materials of the roux with using Google Maps Q&A feature.

Answer to my questionAnswer to my question

The result above is very despairing. I'm so sorry and I appreciated 百名山登山隊(the localguides in my area) very much for giving me the quick answer.

This Q&A feature is very excellent and helpful. But now we have the Q&A disappearing issue. As per @Atsukot 's announcement, the team is working to fix it. I could find out my Q&A in the desktop version, Google Search result.(Attached S/S)

I have one more news. It's good for you. I rembered the complete vegetable food restaurant in Ikoma.

鬼の茶屋(The Ogres' Cafeteria)にしもと(Nishimoto)

茶粥ランチ 600円也茶粥ランチ 600円也

茶粥ランチ

Cha-gayu lunch(set meal) ; available 12:00 -14:00 except Wednesdays & Thusrdays  600JPY(incl. tax)

This is Cha-gayu refill is OKThis is Cha-gayu refill is OK

Kayu(粥) is the rice soup, usually white and almost always eaten by sick persons. Cha-gayu(茶粥) is quite different.It is Tea flavored Rice Soup.We, people living in Kawachi and Yamato have Cha-gayu every morning. It may looks like Borscht, but all the vegetable, not meal,fish,chicken... Besides 茶粥 is much more healthy food than Cha-zuke(茶漬け). The Japanese men like to eat 茶漬け after drinking Sake(any other alcoholic beverages). They always say that it is "Shime"(〆)This is a suicidal act. How about your husband?

Sorry I got off track again.

Seosonal Vegetables Tempura!Seosonal Vegetables Tempura!

Cha-gayu set meal for lunch includes the seasonal vegetables Tempura,of course, cooked with vegetable oil.

Happy contributing!
Toyo

Level 7

@Anonymous

Thank you for asking for me. 🙂

It's disappointing that it's not fully vegetarian but that's not to be unexpected. 

I have never heard of Chagayu before. It looks interesting.

And the vegetable tempura looks delicious.

I looked at some pictures on Google Maps and the outside seating area looks so peaceful too.

I will add it to places to visit. :))

Thank you so much for sharing!

Level 7

今日 @HiroyukiTakisawaがInternational Culture Dayのために岩手県遠野市で大変よいミートアップを開催しました。
他の岩手県の方と交流しながら岩手の文化を体験して、ローカルガイドもできてすごく楽しかったです。
イベントページはこちらで後でRecapも出ます。

このイベントに参加して、来週末のベジガイドもより楽しみになってきました!
みんなと一緒にこのイベントも大成功させましょう!

Level 7

ベジガイドはいよいよ今週末です!

いろいろな準備も進んでいます。

カラコマに予約を入れましたがまだまだ人を追加できますので気軽に参加してください。
みんなに美味しいべジタリアン料理を紹介するのが楽しみです。

よろしくお願いします。

Level 7

本日のイベントが無事に終わりました!

今日来てくれた人に感謝しています。岩手のべジタリアンレストランの紹介ができてとても嬉しかった!

これからrecapを書きますのでお楽しみにしてください。