aleron_jogja's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Ancient Volcano Nglanggeran

merapi-dari-nglanggeran.jpg

Nglanggeran is a famous ecotourism in Jogjakarta, Indonesia. This destination is included as world heritage by UNESCO. The ancient volcano was deep beneath the ocean about seventy million years ago. According to scientist the volcanic activity stopped due to the magma channel blocked, then it emerged to the surface as an inactive volcano. As it stopped the volcanic activity, the new born volcano emerged, that was Merapi volcano. The magma blockage of the Nglanggeran volcano made the way to the new channel to Merapi. The picture above shows Nglanggeran ancient volcano (foreground) and Merapi active volcano (background).

Puncak-Gunung Gedhe-Nglanggeran.jpg

The summit of the ancient volcano is called Gunung Gedhe. To get there visitor must climb the volcano for 60 minutes. The picture above shows Gunung Gedhe as a solid rock at 700 meter above sea level. Please visit here for complete article.

Disover Your Future Memories
Ancient Volcano Nglanggeran, Nglanggeran Wetan, Nglanggeran, Gunung Kidul Regency, Special Region of Yogyakarta, Indonesia
4 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Ancient Volcano Nglanggeran

Hello @aleron_jogja,

Welcome to Connect! 

Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos of the ancient volcano Nglanggeran. Did you visit it recently? What is your favorite thing about this place which is heritage of UNESCO? Adding some personal experience can be appreciated even more by other Local Guides and can drive more interaction. 

Since you are new to the Community, why don't you check the Tips: Using Local Guides Connect and What makes a good post. I am sure you will find these articles useful for your future posts.

Last but not least, don't forget to Introduce Yourself to the Community in our monthly topic. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 3

Re: Ancient Volcano Nglanggeran

Yup I visit this place several times but I made my step to the peak just only twice. My last visit to the peak was this month and I took several pictures. Thanks for the advice I will read all articles you offer prior to next post.

Level 7

Bls: Ancient Volcano Nglanggeran

Wahh, keren sih ini foto-fotonya. Pengen mampir kesini lagi kalau balik ke Jogya, makasih buat ceritanya @aleron_jogja . 

Level 3

Bls: Ancient Volcano Nglanggeran

Terima kasih kembali. Jika pernah ke sini pasti pengin ke sini lagi. Jangan lupa untuk mengunjungi destinasi lainnya di kawasan Nglanggeran ini, yaitu Embung Nglanggeran dan Air Terjun Kedung Kandang.